JOIN THE TRIBE
Meetingmax is looking to add some more "A Players". If you think you have complementary core values to us and the below description makes you feel like you may have found your tribe, let us know. We've been recognized as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are serious about growing it only with terrific people.
Our organization is fanatical about our purpose in the world and the core values that help get us there. We work with some of the largest, most prestigious and complicated events in the world providing reservation system technology to fulfill housing management. Our platform is used for events like SXSW, Oracle Open World, TED Conferences, VMWorld, World AIDS, World Lung and literally hundreds more each year stretching across the globe.
Company core values:
- Ingenuity Everywhere
- Own It.
- Passion for People
- Make it Fun!
- Thirst for Learning
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Mission of the Business Development (BD) role is to sell the meetingmax application to Housing Managers nationally and internationally. The BD prospects potential clients, qualifies leads and builds a solid relationship with them. The BD is not easily discouraged by a “no” and possess a varied skill set of communication and negotiation skills.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging the network.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Maximize and utilize the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Set up meetings between new clients and client services.
- Work with the sales team to develop proposals that speak to the prospect’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with existing relationships as needed on account management.
- Stay abreast of business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Work toward predetermined targets for new business and targets toward new expected revenue.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet targets.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Work closely with and as a part of the overall sales team potentially making changes to territory and markets being addressed.
Required Specific Skills
- Multiple years of Sales Experience in the Software Industry (ideally SaaS based business model)
- Proficient use of a CRM such as zoho
- Relationship building
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of the Event Industry
- Knowledge of the Hospitality Industry
- Dealing with impediments; identifies and resolves impediments.
- Adaptable; adaptable to changes in product, company, and goals with a drive towards success for the organization.
- Self-starter; motivated and ambitious individual with passion for initiative.
- Ball Juggler; able to have a lot of moving pieces going on simultaneously and not lose sight of the overall goal.
- Technological Savviness; picks up quickly on new technology and is fluent with all current technology suites.
- Teamwork & High Regard for others; reaches out to peers and facilitates staff and supervisor problem solving to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. Looks out for the company’s clients and other team members
- Adaptability; copes effectively with complexity and change of a growing company. Seeks out opportunities for increased responsibilities.
- Thirsty for Learning; enjoys opportunities to grow and get better both personally and professionally.
- Does what is right; does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly & truthfully. If something gets missed or is done wrong, they own up to it.
- High Standards; exceeds expectations and goes the extra mile for customers and their team. Expects personal and team performance to be the best. Thrives on accountability.
If you feel you have what it takes, apply today with resume and cover letter through Indeed. Give us a heads up in your cover letter which core value of ours resonates the most with you and why.